The Best People In The World!

Monday, August 29, 2016

A Jewel of the Kingdom



"If you hear someone who claims to speak the very words of God and their message does not agree with Scripture, turn off the T.V. or change channels. Prophecy is not an expression of our personal opinion, our own understanding of Biblical truth, our interpretation, our own experience, our view of the world, a display of our personal Biblical knowledge, or a contest about who can quote the most Scripture."

"Have you noticed that many prophecies recorded in the Bible reveal sin and its consequence?"

Understand the gift of prophecy is probably the most misunderstood of all the Spiritual gifts. "Clearly, prophetic messages do not originate in our imaginations, impressions, intuition, or common dreams. Prophecy's purpose is not to please the ears of those who hear it. True prophecy typically does not serve to help us make personal decisions such as who to marry, where to go to school, what car to buy. New Testament congregational prophecy is NOT some kind of crystal ball to tell us about our personal future."

We must first understand what the gift of prophecy is, who is can be gifted to, when should it be used and most importantly how can we tell false prophecies and false prophets from the real deal. I know for me, when I began studying spiritual gifts, this was probably the one I desired the most, but not in order that I might share some word from God, but that I might see into the future some events and be able to enlighten a few people that doom was on the horizon. How clearly wrong my intentions were and how I understand now, why I never received that gift as a believer in Christ. I had it all wrong.

In Cho Larson's latest book, A Jewel of the Kingdom, he shares this condensed but precise book on what prophecy is, how it was used throughout the Bible, what it isn't, and how it can be used today to help strengthen the church of this age. I received A Jewel of the Kingdom by Westbow Press and the author, himself for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation aside for my copy of the book in exchange for my fair and unbiased review of the book. It is laid out perfect for individual or small group Bible studies, with each chapter, having a set of questions to answer as well as a space for your own notations. It also includes Proof Scriptures under certain sub-sections to help you dive deeper into the Bible for clarification on that subject, for example, :Where does a prophet prophesy? Proof Scripture: 1 Corinthians 14:12, 1 John 4:1.

This book came at a perfect time in my own persona morning devotions as I had been doing a study through the prophets like Ezekiel and Jeremiah who all foretold of their own dealings with false prophets of their day, leading the people astray in contradiction to God's true message for his people. They spoke of a coming wrath from God for disobedience and the false prophets promised only peace and prosperity for the people. In response the people liked what they were doing and didn't want to turn from their evil lifestyle so they disregarded God's true prophets. I think this would be a value to anyone who wants to research the subject of prophecy in regards to what the Bible has to say about it and most of all how it can be used in the church today. Who knows perhaps you have been given the gift of prophecy and don't even realize you have it?! I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars in my opinion.

For more information about A Jewel of the Kingdom, Cho Larson or where you can pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can find Cho Larson on Facebook to stay up to date on all his latest books.

You can find A Jewel of the Kingdom on Amazon or wherever Christian books can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.