The Best People In The World!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Light of the Last



I've been a huge fan of Spiritual Warfare fiction since my introduction to the genre after reading Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness from Frank Peretti. I know find myself drawn to any novels that pertain to the spiritual realm of angels and demons and the unseen warfare that happens all around us without being seen.

Light of the Last is the latest book in the Wars of the Realm series, by Chuck Black and is the perfect fit into the spiritual fiction novel. However since this is book 3 in the series, you must read them in order to understand where the reader will wind up in this novel. Drew Carter has been given the uncanny ability to see into the spiritual realm during an accident in college. However he doesn't understand what it is he sees since he remains unsaved and a non believer, but he knows others can't see what he can. He is also being trained in a unique way to prepare for a future battle and when his talents are put to the test, Drew comes through with flying colors until he takes down two CIA agents and winds up facing prison for the rest of his life unless he tells them what is really going on. But how can Drew really explain it when he doesn't understand what is happening.

The CIA knows the Drew could be extremely valuable to them if he is willing to undergo extensive training and work for them. His only other choice is prison for a very long time. The one condition to accepting the position of working with the CIA is he can't tell anyone he knows nor can he have any contact with them for the next 30 years. What a choice? In the spiritual realm a secret has been uncovered which will put Drew under protection of the angelic armies because if they fail, the darkness will gain a victory that will hold unprecedented consequences for both the seen and unseen world.

I received Light of the Last by Chuck Black compliments of WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation aside from a free copy of this novel in exchange for my personal and honest evaluation. I really loved this series and especially this novel. I hope this will not the be the last. The one thing I wish was because there is a great span of time between the release of each novel, I would love if the author would do a small recap within the storyline to refresh the minds of the readers of his subsequent novels. I do love the character list that is included at the beginning as there are quite a few to keep track of both in the seen and unseen realms of both light and darkness. For me, this one rates a 5 out of 5 stars.

For more information about Light of the Last, Chuck Black or where you can pick up a copy of this novel today, please click on the links below:


You can find Chuck Black on Facebook to stay up to date on all his latest novels.

To read more reviews on Light of the Last, please visit WaterBrook Multnomah Publisher's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.