The Best People In The World!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Bound To A Promise



"Never in a million years did I think I would be feeling so apprehensive about a trip to Jethou, but then I never thought my parents would be murdered either. Life is so uncertain, and that is why what Kimberly's mom, Shirley, said to me the day I got "the call" keeps me from fearing what tomorrow may bring. She said, "Bonnie, I know this has shocked you and shaken you to the core, but honey, this did not take God by surprise."

Couple that with Pastor Johnson saying, "God, could have prevented this, but He didn't, and He doesn't make mistakes," and you've got a certain God in an uncertain world.

It is not God who makes our lives uncertain, it it those who choose to sin. God knew my phone would ring that fateful morning, and in His sovereignty He orchestrated His angels to watch over me, and He sent my brothers and sisters in Christ to come alongside me. Therefore, I rest in my faith, knowing that God can and will see me through anything." (pg 89).

In the book, Bound to A Promise by Bonnie Floyd, she chronicles the true story of the murders of her father William Norman Clever, his wife Kathleen and two crew man aboard the yacht Challenger, Thomas Williams, and Ian (Criddy) Cridland. It was the phone call no one ever wants to get and one that would consume years waiting for the suspects to be arrested and the trial to begin. But more than that, this book is about what redemption and salvation looks like for the believer that has to deal with a situation no one ever wants to deal with and how it looks to come out of it on the other side.

It show cases how prayer and faith in God got both Bonnie and her husband Don along with their family and friends through the darkest of times. It is a book based on the true story of those murders but more than that it is a store of restoration of lost souls and finding compassion instead of bitterness as the reader takes a walk back in time in Bonnie's shoes through this entire nightmare. Her faith in God remains evident on every single page and I am so glad I got the opportunity to read this.

I received Bound to a Promise by Bonnie Floyd compliments of B and B Media Group for my honest review and received no monetary compensation for a favorable one. The opinions contained in this review are strictly my own. This is such a great testimony not only of Bonnie's life of faith but also how God answers in some of the darkest moments of our life. The road is not one that is easily traveled but when you consider the alternative fork in the road, you can see the results of this endeavor once she emerges on the other side stronger in her faith than ever before. God never left her or her parents and He gives her confirmation of that through several ways. I rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend this to anyone struggling with faith in why God allows bad things to happen. It is life changing.

For more information about Bound to a Promise, Bonnie Floyd or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can find Bonnie Floyd on Facebook to stay up to date with all her latest books and information with her ministry.

  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Creative Enterprises Studio; 1ST edition (2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 098905215X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0989052153
  • Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 1 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.