The Best People In The World!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Cat Food


I've been a huge fan of healthy eating not only for myself but also for my pets, especially in light of the ongoing campaigns in pet food that are causing more harm than good. So why not as a pet owner want the very best for your pets, whether for dogs or cats.

Being a BzzAgent, provides me with the opportunity to review some really great products and as a mom and fellow pet advocate, when Hill's Science Diet offered me a chance to review one of their newest pet products that contained healthy ingredients, I knew I had to try this one.

Lately when visiting my local Pet Food store such as PetsMart or Petco, I've been looking more conscientiously as what the ingredients are even in those promising healthy ingredients with vitamins, minerals and no by-products or corn fillers. That's just what the bag of Ideal Balance Adult Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner promised so with 4 adult cats, I thought I'd have the perfect test group.

My 4 cats, range in age from 1 to 6 years old and when I got the food in the mail, (which came super fast, by the way) I knew I had to try a taste test. I immediately placed the new food next to their old food and initially 3 out of the 4 cats, actually appeared to prefer that food over our existing high priced brand of natural cat food. However that being said, a few days later when the Science Diet food ran out and I refilled it, none of the cats wanted anything to do with it. I guess like most of us, it was a new item and that gave them a difference in something to eat, but all of them left it back in the bowl and opted for their traditional food instead.

I even attempted to mix it in with their existing food only to find they would work around it and eat their old food. I had hoped to get them to eat something more nutritionally sound since the ingredients are amazing, the first ingredients being chicken and brown rice. There are no by-products listed in the ingredients. Aside from feeding my cats, something made fresh from whole chicken, I had hoped this would work and my cats love it. Now I have more than 3/4 of the bag remaining and will offer it to our local animal shelter instead.

I guess the end result is that no matter what the brands promise, if your cats won't eat it, then it's a waste of money. For more information on this product, please click on the link below and there's even a rebate coupon to allow you to try this product for your pet FREE:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing me home delivered dog food online. I will purchase more in future. These products are very effective to grow my pet healths. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.