The Best People In The World!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Saying It Well


Public speaking is considered to be most people's biggest fears. Have you ever considered if there might be a simple way to get over the fear? I know I used to fear public speaking and even now know that perhaps I could easily improve on what I am talking about in order to make me a more efficient and well-liked public speaker.

In the novel, Saying It Well by Charles Swindoll, he walks you through how he has become a confident, successful and capable communicator through his step-by-step process. By using these tools found within the cover of this book, you can:

1. Make a strong first impression.
2. Position yourself as an expert in your field.
3. Speak with confidence.
4. Motivate people to action.

And even more than this, you'll also learn, and apply, three vital insights that will make a world of difference when you stand and speak with others:

1. Know who you are.
2. Accept who you are.
3. Be who you are.

Whether you are giving a speech, making a presentation, conducting a meeting, or simply talking one-on-one, these tried and true communication techniques are guaranteed to help you organize your thoughts and deliver your message - with confidence, style and great success.

I received Saying It Well by Charles R. Swindoll compliments of Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Groups for my honest opinion and being a huge fan of the down home manner of Charles Swindoll's messages, I just knew I would benefit from the reading of this book. Charles uses his own experiences as a service man in the Marine Corps and feeling the calling of ministry on his life, to show how these principles has led him to become not only a successful pastor but also a businessman and well-respected author in his field. His easy going manner comes across eloquently in this book and shows how this can benefit anyone in their life.

He also shows that this is not something that happens overnight, but as we begin to apply the methods in the book we become more comfortable in what we need to do, the best and first step in this is preparation. When we are not prepared, no matter what we are asked, we will fumble or fail in our delivery of what we wanted to accomplish. Now after reading this book, I know what steps I can use to help me be better prepared to delivery what I would hope would be an unforgettable message when I need to speak in public. I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars.

For more information on this book, the author and where to pick up a copy of this book, please click on the links below:

1 comment:

  1. I have not read Chuck Swindoll in years. He is one of my favorites to listen to on the radio.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.