The Best People In The World!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sometimes He Whispers, Sometimes He Roars


What do we do when someone tells us that they need our prayers? Do we simply acknowledge their request and hope we'll remember to lift up their needs in prayer before the end of the day, or do we stop and send the prayer up right away?

Most of us have been asked to pray for someone in the course of our lives but very few have dedicated themselves to become a prayer warrior. Not just praying for the needs of people they know, but to go so far as to pray for people they don't know, states away, even for entire countries or the world. Yet in the book, Sometimes He Whispers, Sometimes He Roars, author Marilynn Chadwick was called to begin her journey into world wide prayer when 9/11 happened.

Inside the book she details her own experiences with prayer and how effective prayers can be achieved in a deeper level. She chronicles her own stories of what prayer has done in her lives and in the lives of those she has prayed for and in the end, you'll have a vision of just what your prayers can become.

I received the book, Sometimes He Whispers, Sometimes He Roars compliments of Howard Books compliments of Simon and Schuster for my honest review. When I agreed to review this book, I was looking for insight into enriching my own personal prayer life. Sometimes it seemed that my prayers lack a personal touch, a real connection between me and God and I needed help.

In this book, I learned some skills to really evaluate what I am praying for and how I need to become more effective. How to set aside some personal time and really get in touch with God during quiet time. I learned how Elijah, Peter, Paul and Jesus used prayer in their communication to God. We need to be alert, be specific and pray with authority as a believer in Christ and child of God. There are so many great tips on how to become an effective prayer warrior that anyone looking for help in this area of their lives, should get this book. I would rate it a 5 out of 5 stars and will be a resource book for me during the remainder of my own life as well as assisting others in their own prayers.

For more information on this book, the author and where to purchase a copy of this book, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.