The Best People In The World!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Unstuff - Making Room In Your Life for What Really Matters


Most of us have seen the latest shows on TV or cable that showcase how to effectively declutter your home, get more organized and how to balance those priorities in our lives. We have also seen the extreme side of those things as well in programs that showcase what happens when we have so much stuff we can find our way through rooms.

Yet I know if you're like me, we aren't that extreme, we may have a few messy, disorganized closets, drawers and places where we may store our stuff hoping that one day we will use it, so why throw it away.

In the book, Unstuff - Making Room In Your Life For What Really Matters by Hayley and Michael DiMarco, they outline for you things you may have never considered in streamlining your need for things in your life.

They also challenge you to take back control of your home, your car, your workplace and even your planner to find ways to allow more "room" back into your life again.

One simple challenge that really got me thinking was my closets. The challenge was to go into the deepest part of that closet and pull something out. Why is it there? If you haven't used it in a year than get rid of it, donate it, or sell it. If it were that important to you, it wouldn't be buried in the back of your closet.

Like me, I have tons of things I am hoping to wear "someday" but that day may never come so why not bless someone else who has a true need of that now? Here's a great way to think about things in your home to analyze if you have too much clutter:

1. Do you find rotten fruit and vegetables stuffed in the back of the fridge?

2. Do the boxes on your pantry shelves expire before you eat them?

3. Do you have clothes in your closet you haven't worn in years?

4. Is your garage stashed with odds and ends that you'll probably never use?

Along with some cute stories and quotes, you find God's promises to leading a fulfilled life without stuff trying to meet those needs. This is a great resource for anyone looking to get more organized in every area of their life.

I received this book compliments of Tyndale House Publishers for my honest review and would highly recommend this to everyone I know. It has helped me clear out space not to fill it with more stuff but to realize I don't have to keep stuff for those "someday" uses. I can help those who could use it now. This one rates a full 5 stars!

For more information on this book, the authors and even where to purchase a copy, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.