The Best People In The World!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hell's Corner


Since 9/11 some people wonder just how protected our country is against another terrorist attack here in the United States. We have even created the Division of Homeland Security just for that purpose. Yet what if those that are claiming to be our allies, really are our enemies just using us to gain a way into the United States to once more find a way to bring havoc to our country and make people run in fear again.

In the fifth latest novel by David Baldacci, Hell's Corner brings back the agent Oliver Stone and the Camel Club for those that are follower's of his other books. This time Agent Stone is looking to clear his name before he can accept the Medal of Honor the President of the United States wants to award him. He can't in good faith do that just yet. When the President assigns him a new mission, to locate a Russian drug cartel operating in Mexico with terrorist ties to gain access to the United States, he willingly takes this case.

When the British Prime Minister is here visiting with the President and an attempt to assassinate him takes place within Lafayette Park just across from the White House, things aren't at all what they appear to be.

I received this wonderful suspense filled novel compliments of Hachette Book Groups for my honest review and have to say I was left spell bound and holding my breath on so many chapters. Just when I think I have it figured out, I am left guessing once more. This book had more twists that a roller coaster! This is a blend of Mission Impossible along with The Bourne Identity. If you love books along those lines then this is a must read for you. I rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is available in hardcover, eBook, and CD formats. For more information on this book, the author and where to get a first chapter peek, click on the title below:

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kat Sweetie...
    What a great share. I love these type of books. DH and I would say this is a must. I haven't read the ones before, so I will be searching for the previous so that I can read them in sequence.

    Sounds very interesting. You always have such great reviews. I always trust your judgement. I will have to email you an update tomorrow on Preacher's Bride, I just love it. What a great writer.

    Thank you sweetie as always for sharing. Stop by my blog, and see my secret. I am so excited.

    Sending many hugs and SO much love to you sweetie, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. I am looking forward to read this book. David Baldacci is the best in writing mystery novels. I have read all David Baldacci's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this one too! Loved the Camel Club series.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.